Monday, 30 October 2017
Halloween Countdown: 1 Sleep!
Halloween is TOMORROW. One. More. Sleep. This has been the longest month of my life, counting down the days to my favourite holiday. But, I hope you've enjoyed some of the crafts, treats, and Halloween lore I've been dishing out over the past 30 days.
I'm still working on my Halloween costume—which I will reveal tomorrow—but I'm pretty much ready for the big day. I spent an hour yesterday helping my mom stuff candies into latex gloves (she lets kids grab a "handful" of treats) while my sister tied ribbons.
I made a half dozen cookie monsters, too. The house and yard are fully decorated, the pumpkins are carved...
If you've read my blog (or been on Twitter), you'll know some of the answers, but you may want to use Google for the rest—the first 10 people to email me with the correct responses will receive a copy of Beneath the SOIL, the spookiest Superman Duffy graphic novel in the series!
Okay, here we go.
Remember, these are true or false responses. Just mark TRUE or FALSE next to each of the "lucky seven" questions.
1. The first Jack O' Lanterns were actually made from turnips.
2. Samhnainophobia is the fear of Halloween.
3. Canada is typically believed to be the birthplace of Halloween.
4. The first known mention of trick-or-treating in North America occurred in 1927 in Blackie, Alberta, Canada.
5. Halloween has been around for 10,000 years.
6. Toronto, Ontario is the self-proclaimed Halloween capital of the world.
7. According to tradition, if a person wears his or her clothes inside out and walks backwards on Halloween, he or she will see a witch at midnight.
How do you think you did? I'll put the answers in tomorrow's post—but if you figure them out before then, don't forget to email me for your chance to win a book!
Gotta jet! Good luck trying to sleep before the big day. <grin>
~ Chase Superman Duffy