Wednesday 17 October 2018

Halloween Countdown: Monster Cookies

Hi! *waves*

Did you know there are just 14 sleeps until Halloween? That's two weeks. TWO WEEKS! And I have so much to do.

Like carve pumpkins, and figure out this year's costume, and plan the rest of my classroom monster bash.

While looking for recipes for spooktacular snacks, I was flipping through the Superman Duffy book, TASTING MY STORY. In it, cartoon me goes on a quest to find a special family recipe for Monster Cookies.

They're BIG cookies with lots of great stuff in them...but they're not very Halloween looking. Which is why I can't use them for my class party.

But how about these cookies?


Awesome, right?

Today at school, I'm going to suggest to my teacher that we have a "cookie bar." We can each bring an ingredient—icing, sprinkles, popsicle sticks, candy eyes...that kind of stuff. Mom says she'll help me make the cookies ahead of time, so we'll just decorate them as one of the party activities.

I'm so excited!

Gotta jet! But here are the directions so you can make your own.

~ Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment