Friday 30 August 2013

Frankenstein, Labour Day and back to school


Did you know that today is FRANKENSTEIN DAY? Yep, it’s even recognized internationally.

So you know what that means? I’m going to have a movie marathon this weekend. It’s my last few days before I head back to class and I can’t think of a more perfect way to spend it than with my favourite movie monster. Sure, Dracula and The Mummy are cool, but Frankenstein is one of the originals, you know? He’s the coolest!

Mom says I need to get my “late night movie” habit out of the way, because starting Tuesday, it’s early to bed, early to rise – that’s what makes students happy and wise. Ha Ha.

Monday is Labour Day, a holiday for my parents. But it’s actually one of the busiest times for Grandpa on the farm. We’re all heading over there on Monday to help with chores, and enjoy one of Grandma’s great feasts. My salad was a real hit last week – maybe I’ll find something from TASTING MY STORY (my new mystery cookbook) to make for dinner.

Gotta jet! Time to make some popcorn and settle in for my first Frankenstein movie…

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment