I don’t know about you, but I really like a good challenge.
Every year, I challenge myself to set some school goals. It started out as a request from my Mom – her way of making sure I stay focused on my class work, I guess. But when I started seeing my grades improve a couple of years ago, it’s kind of become a tradition.
So..with the new school year upon me, here’s some things I want to try:
- Use the school library more. My school is lucky to still have a full library WITH a librarian in it. This year, I’m going to spend more time checking out books and asking for recommendations from Mrs. Kratky.
- Eat breakfast everyday. I’m terrible at this. But ever since I started cooking with Grandma, I’ve gained more confidence in the kitchen. Toast and fruit is easy, but this year, I’m going to try adding protein – like eggs and yogurt.
- Remember my lock combination. Yeah, I have a bad habit of forgetting it. Maybe I need to write it down somewhere…
- Use my school agenda. Sometimes I forget homework assignments. Not very often, but when I do, it’s USUALLY because I forgot to write the assignment down in my agenda. This year, I’m going to try and use it – every day. Maybe, even treat it like a bit of a diary.
- Focus more on Math. I’m pretty good at Social Studies and Language Arts, and even Science. But Math is kind of a tough subject for me. Maybe I just need to spend more time with my textbook, or ask more questions of my teacher... Mom says she can ask my teacher about getting a tutor if I need it.
Five goals. I think I can do them. How about you? Any things you want to pay attention to this school year?
- Chase Superman Duffy