Friday 16 August 2013

More career musings


Remember when I wrote that blog post a few months about considering my “career” options? That was after the career fair at the school, where I met some police officers and firemen as part of Emergency Workers Week.

As much as I think those careers are vital, I’m not sure I’m cut out for that kind of work. That doesn’t mean I haven’t spent some time this summer thinking about what comes after high school – if I don’t make it as a track and field star, that is.

I know, I know. The odds of that are slim. My Dad compares it to being in the NHL – tons of kids play hockey. Only the elite are chosen for the big leagues. But that doesn’t mean all of those kids (like me) shouldn’t strive for the dream.

No matter what my career choice, it all comes down to working hard. The important thing is to just be your best, right?

So what am I going to be the best at? Good question!

I’m still thinking about a career in sports. If not a track and field star, I could be a trainer. Maybe a coach. Or what about a sports therapist?

Mom says she always knew she wanted to be a chemist, but even Dad says it took some time for him to figure things out. I guess I’m more like my Dad that way. My parents say I don’t have to stress about it right now, I’m still young, but with school fast approaching, my mind sometimes wanders that way.

One of my school goals this year is going to involve researching potential career options – beyond the track. I think the best place to start is by remembering the things I love to do – like reading, writing, and most recently, cooking! Huh, I wonder if there’s such thing as a professional reader?

How about you? Have you given much thought to “after school” planning?

Gotta jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

P.S. – If you like cooking, too, my new mystery TASTING MY STORY includes some delicious, youth-friendly recipes. Email me for your FREE copy today: chase.superman.duffy@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment