Friday 11 May 2012

Mother's Day crafting with canola oil!


I don’t know about you, but I always struggle with what to do for my Mom on Mother’s DayEvery year she tells me not to buy her something, that it’s enough for me to just tell her I love her.

But that’s kind of boring, right? I mean, I do love her…everyday, not just on this Sunday. And I wasn’t lucky enough to get ‘picked’ to tell the local radio audience of why I’m proud of my mom! 

Last year I wrote her a poem. Dad framed it, and it’s hanging in the kitchen. That was before I even learnt how to write a poem, though – so it’s not very good. I could try a new one, but Mom’s wall of me and my sister’s projects is kind of full. 

So, I’ve decided to make something. I got the idea from Grandpa, who reminded me that Mother’s Day is in celebration of all the important women in your life…not just Mom. I think Mom AND Grandma will love the Bath Body Salt Scrub I’m mixing up.

Want to make some for your Mom, too?

Ask an adult to help you with this recipe:

INGREDIENTS
½ cup (125 mL) Epsom salts (not regular salt, but the kind from the pharmacy)
2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
2 Tbsp (30 mL) almond oil
30-35 drops essential oil (to make it smell nice, but not necessary)

DIRECTIONS
Mix Epsom salts, canola oil, almond oil and essential fragrance oil together. Place in a glass jar. Tie a ribbon or piece of yarn at the top to make it prettier. You can even print off a custom label to make it more personal.

Be sure to let your Mom know to mix it up again before using – and then to rinse it off after. And as with all salts, don’t rub the scrub onto a wound, as it will sting.

Gotta jet! Dad and I are going shopping for ingredients.

Happy Mother’s Day!

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment