Monday is Thanksgiving, which means I’m going to stuff myself with turkey, mashed potatoes and Grandma’s pumpkin pie!
But in school this week, we’ve been talking a lot about the meaning of Thanksgiving, and making lists of what we’re grateful for. I thought sharing it might get you thinking about what you’re thankful for – besides your awesome dinner.
I’m thankful for:
· My parents, who are teaching me about responsibility and offer unconditional love. And bought me new track shoes!
· Grandma’s zucchini loaf. All of her baking, really. And her smile. My Grandma has the greatest smile.
· Grandpa, who is my very best friend. I can tell him anything and he always listens – even if he doesn’t always believe me.
· Coach Taylor, who pushes me do my best.
· People with dreams and visions – like Mr. Slovonuk, the first Canadian canola farmer. Can you imagine what might have happened if Grandpa didn’t grow canola?
· My Language Arts teacher, who gave me a great mark on my short story.
· My house, and a fridge full of healthy food.
· My health.
· My iPod and my stop watch – they don’t make running easier, but they do make running long distances more interesting.
· My sister. (*you’re welcome, Mom)
Wow. When you start writing it out, it’s easy to see how we can sometimes take things for granted.
What’s on your list? AND, are you having turkey this weekend?
- Chase Superman Duffy