Monday 19 November 2018

NaNoWriMo Day 19: Monday Motivation


If you follow my blog, you know I am posting this very late. I haven't given up on NaNoWriMo (not at all), but I admit that my motivation is a little...Monday-ish...today. I got up late, barely got to school on time, and then...well...I'm still feeling a bit sluggish.

But there are 11 days left to NaNoWriMo and I'm committed to crossing the finish line. But how do you do that when you're feeling a bit brain sluggish?

You just do.

I know that sounds too simple, but the truth is, I can't possibly come THIS far and give up. Not with less than 2000 words to go. Not with an ending that's begging to be written. And milestones to be celebrated. And especially, a NaNoWriMo "I finished" badge to collect.

You can't give up either.

I love this quote from author William Faulkner.


For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to be a writer—but throughout November, I have been writing. In less than two weeks, I'll have a finished a short story. I will have written.

That might just be the motivation I need to carry me through to the end. What about you?

Gotta jet! May the words be with you! (Even if you're off to a late start today...)

~ Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment