Saturday 2 February 2013

Super weekend lined up



It’s Super Bowl weekend, and you know what that means? Party at the Duffy house!

Every year, my parents invite a few friends over to watch the big game. My teams don’t make the finals often, but this year, I’m cheering for the Ravens. Grandpa is, too. We’re hardly ever rooting for the same team, but he likes to cheer for the underdog.

Coach Taylor told me that the coaches for the Ravens and the 49ers are brothers. And it’s the first time sibling coaches have played against each other in the Super Bowl. It got me thinking about what I’d do if I had a brother who played sports, or worse, loved track and field as much as I do. What if we had to compete?

Lucky for me, I just have a sister – and she’s still into dolls, and stuff.

My parents have invited the usual suspects to the party, and like always, there will be a lot of food. But considering Grandpa’s diabetes, my training, and mom’s New Year’s Resolution for a healthy 2013, those Super Bowl snacks will be super healthy.

Mom’s put me in charge of popcorn. I know, boring, right? That’s what I thought, until I stumbled across this website. Chocolate popcorn? BBQ popcorn? A healthy homemade kettle corn recipe? Where has this been all my Super Bowl life?

Mom says I can make a few different batches. Perfect! But of course, I’ll make them ahead of time. I don’t want to miss out on any of those great Super Bowl commercials. Go Ravens!

Gotta jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment