Friday 13 July 2012

Berry Delicious!



Mom and I went to the grocery store last night and guess what I saw? Berries! That's right, it's that time of year again - not just the end of the school year, but the season for fresh betties. Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries - yum!

It’s perfect timing since I’m really trying to step up my training for track and field this summer. Which means eating healthy, running, and drinking lots of Grandma’s special berry smoothies.

Last year she taught me to add just two teaspoons of canola oil to my berry smoothie  - which gives it an added boost of vitamin E and omega-3 fat, the stuff I need to run faster, like Superman.

I really noticed a difference in my training last year,  so now that fresh berry season is back, I’m ready to fire up the blender.

Gotta Jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

P.S. - Ready for another alternate ending to Gotta Jet? Check out this action-packed mystery ending by Ashley, a Grade 4 student from Vital Grandin elementary in St. Albert, AB.

Go!

Chase and Gordon were off around the corners and back! 

Grandpa, Kevin and Grandma cheered as they zoomed by. Smoke from Lightening's car passed Prairie Gold Jr. Prairie Gold started slowing down!

His gas was gone.

Chase looked back at Kevin, but Kevin was wearing a mask. It was Gordon's dad. He tricked him!

Grandpa raced to see what was wrong and Chase told him they'd been tricked. 

Grandpa ran to get the canola biodiesel  - together the poured it in and Chase was off again. He passed Gordon at the finish line. Gordon could not believe it. 

"I won, I really won," Chase screamed. 

THE END

Want to try your hand at an alternate ending. Send your story to me at chase.superman.duffy@fieldsofhome.blogspot.com and it might be published on the blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment