Friday 8 June 2012

Summer is for…


Well, it’s that time again.

The end of the school year. Coach Taylor isn’t running track and field camp this summer because  he’s taking his family to Disneyland (Disneyland!) – which means I had to find something else to keep me busy.

Of course I’ll still run around Grandpa’s canola field for extra practice, but Mom limits my TV AND my computer time to an hour a day.

So I decided to volunteer for the public library’s Reading Buddy program. Throughout the summer, I’ll have the opportunity to mentor young readers. Awesome, right?

My Language Arts teacher says helping others read is one of the best ways to improve my own reading comprehension. Plus, it’s a great way to become better at writing.

I’ve set a personal goal to read 10 books before September. That’s five a month. Think I can do it? Of course I can.

And so can you! What books are on YOUR To-Be-Read pile this summer?

Gotta Jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy


No comments:

Post a Comment