Friday 5 August 2011

Dragons in the clouds


My friend Sophie got a trampoline this summer. I think she wants to be a cheerleader, so she’s practicing her tumbling. Good thing!

Maybe I should, too.

Last week, I attempted a flip. It didn’t work out so well. I didn’t get hurt or anything, but I landed flat on my back in the middle of the mat, a little bit winded. Like when one of those super fast race cars zips past you and steals your breath.

Anyway, it was a beautiful day and I was lying there looking up at the big Alberta blue sky. It’s practically famous, you know? I love the mountains, but there’s something special about living on the prairies. Blue sky and yellow canola fields as far as the eye can see.

Sophie was the first to notice the dragon, though. At first I didn’t believe her. I kept looking for a giant tail to wrap itself around a cloud. Until I realized she was talking ABOUT the clouds and the amazing shapes she could see in them. I saw the dragon! And for about an hour we looked for as many different cloud-formations as we could. White seahorses, and castles, wizard faces and even a dog!

It was fun until those clouds turned dark and rain threatened– yet again. Yep, it’s been one of those kinds of summers.

How about you? What’s the coolest cloud shape you’ve ever seen?

Gotta jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment