Friday 27 May 2011

A berry delicious solution


I’ve discovered the secret to Track and Field success! Canola oil.

Sounds ridiculous, right?

But it’s the only way I can explain my performance this past week. It’s been epic!

When I was out at the farm last weekend, I had a heart-to-heart with Grandma. I told her I was cutting out sweets, and all fats. She seemed okay with it, until I suggested (carefully) that she use less canola oil.

My bad.

Apparently, canola oil is one of the healthiest oils out there. It’s low in saturated fat and has NO trans fat or cholesterol. I know, I should KNOW this.Turns out, adding just two teaspoons of canola oil to something as simple as a breakfast smoothie can boost its vitamin E and omega-3 fat content – the stuff I need to run faster, like Superman.

Grandma found a recipe from a former Olympic champion – Janet Evans – for a Berry Smoothie that is OUT OF THIS WORLD. I’ve been drinking it every day and I can already feel the difference in my running.

Grandmas are so smart.

Gotta jet. I’m slamming my smoothie and then heading out for my morning practice.

-       Chase Superman Duffy

P.S. I’ve included the recipe below. If you’re Gordon “Lightening” Smith, or any of my other competitors, close your eyes!


BERRY DELICIOUS SMOOTHIE

Ingredients
1 medium banana
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 cup green tea, cooled
1/2 cup cranberry juice,
4 ice cubes
2 teaspoons canola oil

Blend it all until it's smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment