Saturday 4 June 2011

Didn't win but still a winner


I didn’t win the Martyn Godfrey Young Writers’ Award.

The competition was pretty steep. I heard they had more than 150 submissions – and a lot of good ones!

I’m still proud of my story, though.

I guess my parents are, too, since they’re sending me to WordsWorth! That’s right, I’m heading to camp this summer for a week of writing and hanging out with some amazing Albertan talent.

Seriously, check out this blog – www.yabswordsworthblogspot.com - and read about the awesome instructors that I’ll be working with in Bragg Creek. I hear there are dozens of walking or running trails at Kamp Kiwanis, too.

How perfect is that? Writing AND running – at WordsWorth.

Are you going?

If you haven’t registered yet, you’d better hurry! The camps are filling up.

Gotta jet.

-       Chase Superman Duffy

P.S. - Major congratulations to Caileigh Reid of Grande Prairie, Alena Leonova of Calgary and Laura E. Stacey of Bowden. See you at camp, girls.

P.P.S. – To register for camp, head to the Young Alberta Book Society Website at www.yabs.ab.ca. Click on the WordsWorth links and download the registration form. 

No comments:

Post a Comment