Friday 6 May 2011

Today is the BIG day

It's finally here - the deadline for the Martyn Godfrey Young Writers' Award. I've been working on my submission for weeks - creating a first draft, asking for help from some of Alberta's top writers, and then making the necessary edits.

My story is short (just under 1500 words), funny (my mom laughed out loud), and includes the colour yellow in a unique way. I'm ready!

So today I'll be dropping by the Young Alberta Book Society office (11759 Groat Road, Edmonton) with my masterpiece - and then I'll start pacing. More likely, I'll go for a run to work off some of this nervous energy.

The stakes are huge! Two winners receive free admission to WordsWorth, a writing camp for young writers like me, as well as a visit to his/her school during the October 2011 Taleblazers festival. I've already figured out who I'd pick if I'm the winner.

If you haven't finished your story...what are you waiting for? The deadline is TODAY!

Gotta jet.

Good luck!

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment