There's never a bad day to celebrate your love of Star Wars, but if ever there was a perfect day, it's today—May the fourth be with you!
And THIS year, I'm celebrating BIG because my dad is buying advance tickets to the new Star Wars movie—SOLO—that comes out at the end of the month. I'm so excited to see it because although I really love all the characters, Han Solo is my favourite.
He's kind of a low-key hero, you know? Not all flashy with his lightsaber like Luke Skywalker, or full of wisdom like Yoda. He's a great pilot, loyal to his friends, and he gets to chum around with the coolest Wookie in the world—Chewbacca. I can't WAIT to check out Han's "origin" story at the theatre this month. Are you going to see SOLO?
If movies aren't your thing, there are some other ways you can celebrate the day. Here are my top 5:
- Rewatch the whole saga. Okay, so maybe you can't do that TODAY, but you can pop some popcorn and cozy up on the couch for the weekend, right?
- Explore your crafty side with these Star Wars-inspired bookmarks.
- Listen to the iconic music! Okay, so you're not allowed to spend all day indoors—why not download music from the Star Wars movies and head out for a walk or run? (I can already hear the theme song in my head!)
- Plan a Star Wars breakfast this weekend with these Darth Maul waffles!
- Ask your parents for help to build your own lightsaber—and then challenge your friend (or sibling) to an epic match.
What have I missed? Feel free to add your ideas into the comments section—I'm always looking for ways to share my love of Star Wars!
Gotta jet! Have a great weekend and...May the fourth be with you!
~ Chase Superman Duffy
Great ideas for celebrating May 4th! Especially the waffles! Yum! :)ReplyDelete