Me? Well, I’ve been playing a lot of Pokemon Go with my sister. (Yes, we’re careful!) At first, I thought it was kind of silly, but I admit, the game is addictive. Plus, it gets me away from the TV—inbetween my favourite Olympic events—and back outside, where I most like to be.
Bonus? I’ve learned a few things along the way. Like…
- Pokemon are NOT everywhere. I know, there are thousands of Pokemon sightings in the craziest places—even bathrooms! But I can tell you for certain there are no Pikachu’s hiding in my grandpa’s canola field. Which is good, since you’re not supposed to walk through the crop anyway, no matter how fuffy it looks! (Actually, you should never go on someone’s property without asking.)
- I’m in pretty good shape. To advance in the game, you have to walk a lot. I mean, A LOT. Since I’m a runner, walking doesn’t bother me. But my little sister is having a hard time keeping up. Maybe I should challenge Lightning to a Pokemon Go race. <grin>
- People look funny searching for Pokemon—including me. Picture this…my sister and I wandering aimlessly through the park, cell phone screens in front of our faces, walking in circles as we try to locate the nearest Poke Stop. The good thing? We’re not alone! Half of the people in the park have the same expression. Ha!
- Poke Stops are in the strangest places. My sister found a “gym” near this really cool antique store where she not only nabbed a Pokemon, but I snagged some old Hardy Boys books. Win win! Plus, we’ve been learning about our area because of the cool places we’ve found Poke Stops. Cool, right?
- Safety first! Yeah, we’ve seen the news, and Mom has warned us about keeping our eyes open and not wandering into the middle of the street…which sounds like common sense, but some people have done it! That’s why my sister and I play together…we’ve always got each other’s backs.
I think a lot of people thought the Pokemon Go phase would….go away. <grin> But I overhead my mom talking to one of my teachers who said they’re even going to use the game IN CLASS. Good thing I’m working on level 15…I’ll be ahead in at least one subject come September. <grin>
~ Chase Superman Duffy