Friday 19 July 2013

Everything's coming up canola



The canola fields are in full bloom across the province – and you know what that means? Time to get out my camera and make use of those photography lessons Dad and I have been taking!

There’s nothing more breathtaking than a bright yellow field against a blue Alberta sky. But, those kinds of pictures are everywhere. Dad and I learned that sometimes to get the more unique pictures, you have to try new things.

Like, have you ever laid down in a canola field and looked up. I bet the angle for that picture would be amazing. Or, how about snapping a few shots during a distant thunderstorm (safely, of course!). You can go out at different times of day. Or maybe you just want a few close ups.

Either way, go out and have fun.

Oh, and follow a few simple rules. Canola fields belong to farmers – always remember to respect private property, whether it’s marked or not. And, safety first! There are many potential safety hazards on a farm – go with an adult, preferably the farmer if you can.

Okay, enough chatting – time to get snapping. Hey, if you want to send me any of your canola pics, that would be great. I’ll even share them on my blog! And, I’ll send you a copy of the new mystery cookbook, Tasting My Story,

Gotta jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy


No comments:

Post a Comment