Friday 21 June 2013

Is it possible THIS Superman is the BEST Superman?



My Dad and I went to see Man of Steel this week – you know, the new Superman movie?

I didn’t really know what to expect, since I’ve seen all of the other movies, plus I’ve read the comics, and well, Superman’s my idol. (Faster than a speeding bullet!) I’ve never watched any acting by the guy who plays Superman in Man of Steel, so I didn’t even know if he could pull off such an important role.

But guess what?

He totally did!

Sure there are some changes to the characters from the old comic books, Superman gets an updated (super cool) costume, and yes, this movie is a bit darker than the previous Superman films, but once Clark Kent accepts his mission as a super hero, he turns into that inspiring awesome Superman I love. Plus, there’s all kinds of action.

Man of Steel is Superman done right.

Except...well, Dad pointed out that Superman doesn't seem to have a lot of influential women around him. It made me think of my Mom and Grandma. I can't imagine doing anything without their love, support and advice - not even being a super hero!

So, have you seen Man of Steel? What did you think?

Gotta jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment