Friday 3 February 2012

A super duper Superbowl



The biggest US football game of the year is on Sunday, and I can’t wait to hang out with Grandpa and Dad to cheer on our favourite teams and gobble up Grandma’s delicious Superbowl snacks.

Er...at least I hope they’re still delicious.

Since Grandpa was diagnosed with diabetes, Grandma’s recipes have gone through a massive overhaul.  She says I won’t even taste the difference, but I’m not so sure. I’m kind of worried she’s going to replace my potato chips with carrot sticks. I don’t mind vegetables every other day of the week but messing with Superbowl tradition might be taking it a bit too far. Don't you think?

Mom told me not to worry, though. February is heart health month and there’s tons of healthy recipes online. Mom says even if Grandma does switch out my Lay’s with celery stalks, she’ll make a yummy hummus dip to go with them. And (I pretended not to listen to this part…) I’ll be well on my way to maybe avoiding a diabetes diagnosis when I get to Grandpa’s age.

I guess that doesn’t sound so bad.

Gotta jet!

And – GO GIANTS! (tee hee)

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment