Friday 11 January 2019

Feeding my imagination


We’re talking about the history of flight in school and of course Amelia Earhart came up. She’s one of the most famous pilots in the entire world.

In case you don’t know, Amelia Earhart’s plane disappeared over the Pacific Ocean in October 1937 (yeah, a long time ago) when she was trying to fly across the world. Most people think she ran out of fuel and crashed.

But, I did some research and not everyone has the same idea. There are some pretty crazy theories out there—if you let your imagination wander. Which of course, I did. <heh>

Here are my Top 5 Theories About Amelia Earhart:

 1. She was a spy.
 2. Her plane was shot down and she was captured.
 3. She assumed a fake identity.
 4. She was abducted by aliens.
 5. Her plane got sucked into the Bermuda Triangle.

I don’t really believe any of those are true, but they got me thinking: each of my theories would make for a great story.

I started Google searching, and I came up with a bunch of conspiracy theories, urban myths (things/ideas people thought were true but have no evidence to back them up) and fun statistics and facts. All of a sudden, I was writing down story ideas and character descriptions.

Like, maybe I’ll write a story about how the Bermuda Triangle is actually a UFO headquarters and everyone who has ever been lost in it (even Amelia Earhart) lives there. Think of all the characters that could be trying to get out!

Mrs. Kratky says we’re going to write a few short stories over the next couple of months. I’m feeding my 'idea factory" with some great research. Which one of these theories would YOU write about?

Gotta jet!

~ Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment