Halloween falls on a Friday this year, which means, there’s only THIS weekend to cram in some of those creeptastic events going on around the province.
I don’t know about you, but I love a good scare—which is why I’ll be heading to Fort Edmonton Park this weekend for Spooktacular, where the place is turned into a Halloween land of ghosts and goblins. Sounds spooky, right?
Of course, this is just one of MANY events across the province. Here are a few listings I’ve scared up—but I’m sure with a little research you’ll find some things going on in your hometown as well. Feel free to add to this list in the comments if you know of something I missed!
- Haunted Pumpkin Festival — Prairie Gardens & Adventure Farm (Oct. 25 & 26)
- Halloween Trick or Treat Festival — Galaxyland, West Edmonton Mall (Oct. 25 & 26)
- A Ghostly Walk Through Old Strathcona — Mon-Thurs, 7 p.m. (Meet at Walterdale Playhouse)
- Nosferatu: A symphony of horror —Winspear (Oct. 31)
- Spooky Science — Telus World of Science (Oct. 26 & 27)
- Edmonton Corn Maze & Farm of Fear — Spruce Grove (nightly)
- Boo at the Zoo (Oct. 27)
- Harvest Pumpkin Hunts — Butterfield Acres Farm (Oct. 25 & 26)
- Flashlight Nights at Cobb’s Corn Maze — Calgary (nightly)
- Screamfest Haunted House & Freak Show — Canada Olympic Park (Oct. 25 & 26)
- Ghouls Night Out — Heritage Park (Oct. 25 & 26)
- Thrill Calgary 2014 — Southcentre Mall (Oct. 25)
- Boo at the Zoo Sleepover — Calgary Zoo (Oct. 29)
PLUS, we’re doing some great Halloween activities in class, like carving potatoes instead of pumpkins, using construction paper to make Jack-O-Lantern faces, and even writing “real estate” ads for Haunted Houses for sale.
What are YOU doing to celebrate Halloween this year?
— Chase Superman Duffy
P.S. — Next week, check out my blog for my COSTUME reveal. I can hardly wait to show you what I decided on.