Friday 6 December 2013

Crafting up a storm

Remember last year? My Mom decided to make all of our family Christmas cards – all billion of them. Okay, maybe that’s a stretch, but I remember that my right hand was very sore. Well, it turns out Mom isn’t making cards this year – though, we will have to sign all of those that she does buy. (One day, she’ll agree to go digital, right?!)

BUT, that doesn’t mean I’m off the hook for holiday crafts. 2013 will be year of the ornament - Mom has decided to one for each member of our family. Of course, that means we’re ALL making ornaments, even Dad. This should be interesting!

I was a bit nervous at first, but then Mom showed me some pictures of what we’ll be making. Her ideas were inspired by the tutorials and pictures on this blog. Mom bought some clear “ball” ornaments at the local craft store, glue, buttons, paint, glitter and ribbon. That’s it! And look at what we’re making!


Thread some different sized buttons through coloured string for these cute Christmas tree ornaments.


A little bit of old newsprint goes a long way in making these “word-inspired” Christmas ornaments. Top them off with some silver glitter and voila – perfect for the writer on your list. (hint hint)


My sister is a WAY better painter than me, but even I can draw a few white lines to look like trees. These are going to be beautiful!


I’m looking forward to some family time this weekend, getting ready for the holidays. But I’m also planning to do something very special. I’m writing a comic! It’s for a contest – and the winner COULD get their comic illustrated by Marvel. MARVEL! I’m so excited.

The ideas are just starting to come together, but the deadline is – gulp – the end of this month. So when I’m not crafting, I’ll be writing this weekend. Two great ways to ride out the next few days of cold and snow, don’t you think?


Gotta jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment