Friday 14 December 2012

It's that time of year again


My mom has declared this “Christmas Card Weekend” – two full days of eggnog, holiday music, and hand cramps.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the family time. And the eggnog – and sugar cookies – are pretty fantastic, too. But we have a lot of family and friends and Mom doesn’t let us off the hook with a simple signature, or the wishes of Peace, Happiness, Health or whatever I’d wish for that person. Sometimes I have to write full paragraphs about what’s going on in my life, how school is, and so on, and so on.

It would be much easier, and faster, to send an e-mail. But Mom doesn’t agree with that.

At school, we learned how to make newsletter templates. I think after this year, I’m going to suggest we create a family newsletter to keep everyone in the loop. That way, we can all type in our yearly “update.”

Of course, we can still sign cards and drink eggnog. I just won’t have hand cramps. <grin>

Gotta jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment