Friday 1 February 2019

Gearing up for a SUPER weekend!


It’s Super Bowl weekend, and you know what that means? Party at the Duffy house!

Every year, my parents invite a few friends over to watch the big game. My teams don’t make the finals often (and I'm more of a Canadian Football League fan anyway), but this year, I’m cheering for the Patriots. Dad is, too. We’re hardly ever rooting for the same team, but he likes to cheer for the "winner"—and odds are pretty good the Patriots will take the ring this year.

Again.

My parents have invited the usual suspects to the party, and like always, there will be a lot of food. But considering Grandpa’s diabetes, my training, and mom’s (annual) New Year’s Resolution for a healthy 2019, those Super Bowl snacks will be super healthy. <groan>

Mom’s put me in charge of popcorn. I know, boring, right? That’s what I thought, until I stumbled across this website. Chocolate popcorn? BBQ popcorn? A healthy homemade kettle corn recipe? Where has this been all my Super Bowl life?

Mom says I can make a few different batches. Perfect! But of course, I’ll make them ahead of time. I don’t want to miss out on any of those great Super Bowl commercials or the half time show. Go Patriots!

Gotta jet!

~ Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment