Friday 2 December 2011

Naughty or Nice?


Mom bought my little sister one of those chocolate advent calendars last week – she’s already eaten half the chocolate and it’s only the second of December! She’s pretending not to quite understand how they work…

I told Mom I didn’t want one this year. With all this talk about nutrition at school, I’m trying to eat less sweets – and given the choice, I’ll choose grandma’s cookies over a bit of milk chocolate any day.

That doesn’t mean I’m not excited about Christmas, though.

I don’t know if Santa will think I’ve been naughty or nice, but I’ve already started making my list just in case. Of course, it’s all about running…

  • Subscription to a running or track magazine. Coach Taylor leaves some in the change room all the time, but I never have enough time to read them.
  • A Sponge Bob calendar.  Silly, right? But I love that show, and I need something to track my runs in.
  • Warm running pants. So far, it’s not been too cold this winter, but I do live in Alberta where the weather changes every five minutes. If I’m going to keep up my training schedule, I need something that will let me run outside because training on the treadmill is yucky.
  • Membership to a gym with an indoor track…unless I get warm running pants.
  • Um…books. I know, not running-related, but I also like to write and I learned at camp last year that to be a good writer, you have to read. I haven’t been doing enough of that this year.  And I’m sure that there must be books on running or track and field that would be inspiring.
  • A cool notebook. I want to start a journal. Not a diary with a lock and key or anything silly…just something to write in everyday. Even if it’s one sentence.

And of course, I want all that other stuff – like health and happiness, but I’m pretty sure Santa isn’t building those kinds of gifts in his workshop.

What’s on your holiday wish list?

Gotta jet!

-       - Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment