Friday 30 December 2011

Family most important part of the season



Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year.

Not because of the presents.

Well, not just because of the presents.

My Uncle Pete and his new wife are coming to our house tonight for the whole New Years weekend. I haven’t seen him since last year, and I’ve never met his wife. They got married in some exotic location, and only Mom and Dad got an invite.

Don’t tell anyone, but Uncle Pete is my favourite uncle. He’s my mom’s big brother, and he always has time for me, even though he lives way across the country. Don’t get me wrong, I love my whole family. Uncle Pete has always just been special. I remember one time at our family lake cabin, we lay on the dock, looking up at the stars, and told stories until I fell asleep.

And Uncle Pete taught me how to tie my shoe laces, and even how to do multiplication using a checkerboard. I guess everyone in the family kind of has their own role in my life.

I wouldn’t change any of them.

Well…except maybe my sister.

Gotta jet – Uncle Pete and his wife are staying in the spare room and Mom says I have a lot of cleaning to do before they get here. I don’t even mind!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful rest of the holiday season.

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment